Growing Up Social
In our digital age, children are spending more and more time interacting with a screen rather than a real person. Technology has the potential to add value to our lives, but is it possible that too much screen time could be robbing our children of something much more valuable—namely, the emotional and social skills needed to succeed as they grow towards adulthood?
In Growing Up Social, you’ll learn how to take back your home from an over-dependence on screens. Discover the five A + skills needed to give your child the relational edge:
The Skill of Affection – How do you show real love to another person?
The Skill of Appreciation – How do you cultivate a grateful heart?
The Skill of Attention – How do you focus and be a good listener?
The Skill of Anger Management – How do you express anger in a productive way?
The Skill of Apology – How do you mend a relationship after you make a mistake?
Today’s screens aren’t just in our living rooms; they are in our pockets. Now is the time to equip your child to live with screen time, not for screen time. Constant entertainment is not the goal of childhood. No phone, tablet, or gaming device can teach your child how to have healthy relationships; only you can.
Growing Up Social will help you:
- Equip your child to be relational rich in a digital world
- Replace mindless screen time with meaningful family time
- Establish simple boundaries that make a huge difference
- Read what’s working for the screen savvy family down the street
- Prepare your child to succeed down the road in relationships and life
- Learn healthy ways to occupy your child while you get things done