I thoroughly enjoyed doing a segment this morning at 6:45 am on the NBC news here in San Diego. It was nice to finally be there since we had scheduled two previous times for me to come on the show, but both segments had been bumped (once by the death of Osama bin Laden which was quite understandable).
Reporter Megan Tevrizian is wonderful. She was professional and easy to interview with. We talked about how you can turn back the clock by boosting your brain power. Lift some mental muscle by:
1. Learning a new language (even a few new words will do!).
2. Playing like a kid again. Build Legos and blocks with your kids and grandkids.
3. Puzzle power! Do a jigsaw puzzle, sudoku or crossword puzzle.
4. Do something different day. Break your routine by eating somewhere different at lunch, opening doors with your non-dominant hand, or driving a different way to work.
5. Learn something new everyday. You can look up a new word in the dictionary. I looked up “Prexy.” Know what it is? Slang for a president, usually of a college or university.
Thanks NBC for having me on, and thanks to you who were able to tune in and watch! I’ll be putting video up on my website but it may take me awhile to do that. This month is writing time for my next book 31 Days to a Happy Husband!