Perhaps you have read about my family’s chocolate covered popcorn contest and how it’s motivating us to lose weight and exercise. I am happy to report that I have reached my goal to lose my Christmas weight and am now eligible to eat the championship popcorn!
(We’ll be partying soon, my son Ethan just has a few more sit-ups to do…)
When you reach a weight loss goal, how can you celebrate?
1. If you can open Pandora’s box and eat in moderation, enjoy some of your favorite treats but make sure you have a limited supply on hand 🙂 Today I had dark chocolate covered almonds and they tasted amazing!
2. Jump up and down, screaming “I did it! I did it!” Seriously. Do this. It will make you feel happy and tell everyone you live with that you have accomplished your goal so you can all celebrate together.
3. Write it down. Put it in your journal that you met your goal. Write about how it made you feel. Read over this the next time you have a goal and are wondering if you can accomplish it.
4. Tell a friend. Chances are, you’ve had a friend who has noticed you have been working hard on your health goals. Call, text or email saying you’ve met your goal. Who knows? It will probably be a great encouragement to your friend to meet her goals too.
5. Breathe a prayer of thanks to God. Probably more than we realize, God has given us the strength to make a good eating or exercise choice and stick with it.
Do you have a weight loss goal today? Picture yourself celebrating in one of these five ways (or all of them!). The best is yet to come!
Starting in February, I’ll be blogging about LOVE…February is such a great month to show love to our sweethearts, children, friends and family members on purpose!