You know what I love about mornings?
Turning around in the fetal position after I hit the SNOOZE button.
Just ask my husband and he will go on (and on and on) about how much his baby (me) loves to sleep. He loves to make fun of my love of sleep.
So please understand when I post about the best five reasons to exercise in the morning that this is something I have had to learn the hard way. James and I take turns going to the gym. Every other day I wake up and head to the gym. I go three times a week for about 45 minutes. Many mornings I want to turn over and keep sleeping but James kicks me out of bed.
Here are the best five reasons I have found for exercising in the morning:
1. It actually gets done! It’s a great feeling to be finished with your workout before the day officially begins. When I “plan” to work out in the evening, it usually does not happen. There is not enough willpower to turn into an exercise machine at 7:00 pm in my world.
2. This is how the successful do it. Ask an athlete, trainer, fit woman in your life when she works out. Chances are she says first thing in the morning.
3. Treats are not quite as tempting. When you’ve worked hard to burn off those precious 200 calories, it’s so disheartening to lose all that ground with just one bad snack choice. You tend to eat smarter when you’ve paid a price for your health at the beginning of the day.
4. It will cheer you up. Exercise is proven to boost your mood so why not get that working for you as soon as possible?
5. Your night is yours to relax. After you’ve put in some sweat equity, you can relax at home with your family or curled up with a good book. You’ve put in the hard physical work already.
Do you like to exercise in the morning? (Or even if you hate it, do you do it?)