This January, I’m blogging with tips to help you lose those post-Christmas pounds. I hope you have found the tips helpful about how to know if you are exercising enough and how to drink more water throughout the day.
Today I’m going to tell you my current five favorite weight loss snacks. It’s helpful to look forward to what you are going to eat instead of commiserating about all the things you can’t eat.
1. Seaweed. Have you tasted this stuff yet? If you like sushi, you most likely will like seaweed. I only like a few types of sushi (I don’t like raw fish, sorry) but I do like seaweed. I know I’m Asian so I’m hard wired to like the stuff. But I have seen many of my kids non-Asian friends bring seaweed to school for a snack which has been surprising.
What I love most about this little green snack? The package is only about 45 calories with 2 grams of fiber. It satisfies that crunchy/salty craving.
2. Toasted almonds. All I can say is YUMMY! Toast up a dozen almonds in your toaster oven. Take a deep breath as the aroma fills your kitchen. Eat an almond while it is warm and you will feel like you are having something utterly decadent!
3. Cottage cheese with cinnamon and raisins. I never used to like cottage cheese until James sprinkled cinnamon all over it and put in a few raisins. Now I like it and so do my kids. You know the little bits of cereal that are on the bottom of your cereal bags when the cereal is mostly gone? Those little morsels make really good toppings on cottage cheese.
4. Apple slices with a spoonful of peanut butter. My challenge is not having two, or three, or four spoonfuls…
5. Hummus and whole wheat pita bread. Trader Joe’s is great for this (seaweed available there too).
My girls like all of these snacks. My son can’t stay far away enough from the seaweed though and I can respect that!
What are your favorite healthy snacks?