You know you are supposed to drink more water, but you don’t like the taste. Or maybe you can’t seem to remember to drink water throughout the day.
There are a few things you can do to tweak the taste of water. Try adding:
Lemon or lime wedges
Sprig of mint leaves
Slices of strawberries
These will give your water a new twist and perhaps bring a new intrigue to the unexciting prospect of drinking a glass of water.
Water is a great ally in losing weight. Many times we reach for a snack when our bodies aren’t really hungry. We’re more thirsty. Drinking a glass of water before reaching for a snack or sitting down to order a meal from a restaurant really can save us from overeating.
A few minor adjustments may help you drink more water throughout the day:
1. Drink a glass of water when you wake up
2. Drink a glass of water with breakfast, lunch and dinner
3. Carry a water bottle with you when you go out on errands
4. Keep a glass of water on your desk while you’re working
5. Keep a few extra water bottles in your car
6. Drink a glass of water in the afternoon between meals
7. Drink water before, during and after exercise
8. Eat your water in foods such as watermelon, oranges, and grapefruit
Even if you don’t like to drink water, you can train yourself to drink it nonetheless. Keep telling yourself about its many health benefits: it gives you energy, helps you lose weight, lowers your risk of heart attack, improves your skin and teeth, and it’s FREE! Deny your body water and you may become mildly dehydrated which leads to headaches and fatigue.
Many of us turn to soda, energy drinks, coffee, coffee drinks, and sweetened tea when we’re thirsty. We need to make a few swaps to have more water and less sugary drinks. Fill up your glass in the next few minutes with cold water and drink to your health!
Any other tips on drinking enough water each day that you can share?