***This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to Jennifer who is the winner of Take Hold of the Faith You Long For***
My friend Sharon Jaynes has a new book that will inspire you to go deeper in God. It’s titled Take Hold of the Faith You Long For: Let Go, Move Forward, Live Bold.
Sharon has these words to share about her new book:
Have you ever watched a circus performer on a flying trapeze? The aerialist swings out, swings back, and then usually on the peak of the third swing he takes hold of another bar or performer. That’s when the fun begins as backflips, somersaults, and triples twists wow the crowd.
But what if, when the trapeze artist took hold of the second bar, he refused to let go of the first? He would be left hanging in the middle.
That would not be the greatest show on earth.
And that’s where many of us spend our lives…stuck…dangling over “life to the full” but never quite letting go of what holds us hostage to a mediocre “less than” faith. I know it’s where I spent many years…until God challenged me to take hold of the truth and make it mine.
Paul wrote, “I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me” (Philippians 3:12). And in order to take hold and make our own everything that Christ has taken hold of for us and placed in us, we need to let go of everything that keeps us from doing so.
So here’s what I’m challenging us to do in the pages of Take Hold of the Faith You Long For.
- Let go of insecurity and take hold of your true identity as a child of God.
- Let go of the scarcity mentality that says that you’re not enough and take hold of God’s abundant promises that say you have everything you need.
- Let go of crippling bitterness and take hold of radical forgiveness.
- Let go of shame-filled condemnation and take hold of grace-filled acceptance.
- Let go of weak-kneed worry and take hold of sure-footed confidence.
- Let go of comparison to others and take hold of your God-fashioned uniqueness.
- Let go of debilitating discouragement and take hold of your next assignment
- Let go of timid reluctance and take hold of bold believing.
It’s not enough to simply know the promises of God; we’ve got to grab hold with all the firmness of the trapeze artist—releasing what is behind and taking hold of what is ahead. And when we do that, oh friend, that is the greatest show on earth. Life to the full as God intended.
What do you need to let go of? Leave your answer in the comments below to be entered in the book giveaway.