Maybe you’re shy and you don’t know what to talk about in conversation.
Or maybe you love to talk, but you’re not so great at listening.
If you want to increase the level of your communication, you can start by asking better questions. Here are 10 great questions to get you started:
1. What is great about your life right now?
2. What’s one problem you’re facing?
3. What is one thing you really want to accomplish this year?
4. What is your family like?
5. What are a few of your hobbies?
6. What is something fun or funny that happened this week?
7. Have you read any good books lately?
8. What was one of your most embarrassing moments?
9. Where would you like to go on your next trip? If money was unlimited, where would you go?
10. What are things in the future that concern you?
The Bible tells us to live in harmony with one another (Rom. 12:16), accept one another (Rom. 15:7), greet one another (Rom. 16:16), serve one another (Gal. 5:13) and many more one anothers.
By asking questions, we show the people we are interested in them. As Dale Carnegie famously said,
“You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.”
I hope you’ll find these 10 Great Questions to Connect useful with your family and friends.