Download the podcast on iTunes or listen here:
Is there a relationship you’re often disappointed by?
Maybe you are arguing more often with your spouse, yelling at your kids, or having frequent misunderstandings with a friend. This week’s podcast guest Dr. Laurel Shaler is here to help us improve our communication with the people who matter most to us.
In today’s podcast, Dr. Shaler shares excellent insights from her newest book, Relational Reset: Unlearning the Habits That Hold You Back. You’ll learn:
- The difference between being aggressive and assertive
- The value of a timeout – not for kids, but for adults
- When to text and when to talk face to face
- What tech boundaries can improve your home life
- What is the “miracle question” that can help you dispel the past and move forward?
Dr. Laurel Shaler is a national certified counselor and licensed social worker. She is an associate professor at Liberty University where she serves as the Director of the Master of Arts in Professional Counseling program. She and her husband have one daughter and live in South Carolina. Her latest book, Relational Reset: Unlearning the Habits That Hold You Back is now available.