Download the podcast on iTunes or listen here:
Boys are learning about sex but they are probably not learning what you wish they were learning. Advice and comments from friends, and pornography can be misleading and destructive.
Teaching your son about sex can be awkward and difficult. But author and father Dave Willis is here to show us how to teach boys about sex. His new book is “Raising Boys Who Respect Girls: Upending Locker Room Mentality, Blind Spots, and Unintended Sexism.” We want our boys to grow up into men who respect women and enjoy intimacy the way God intended. If you are nervous about having a sex talk with your boy, this will help you speak with confidence and compassion.
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to respond when your boy tells you something about sex that is shocking
- How to open up conversation about sex
- What kind of conversations you can be having in elementary, middle and high school
- How to teach your son to respect women
- Why we need to bring back healthy masculinity
Dave Willis spent 13 years as a full-time pastor and now is a speaker, author, relationship coach and television host for Marriage Today. He and his wife Ashley live in Keller Texas with their four sons. Dave and Ashley work together to create relationship-building resources as part of the team for Marriage Today and XO Marriage conferences.