If your children are being raised in Sunday school, it’s possible that they hear the word Easter and think, I already know about that. In fact to be completely honest, that’s true of us adults too.
Why not make some Easter moments for kids that will come alive this season? Think Easter devotions for kids that will create interest and intrigue. Think that sounds too hard? It’s not!
A few years ago, I made my kids a list of “10 Easter Moments.” We looked up a few moments each day from the Bible and talked about what it would have been like to be there for that moment.
Here they are:
Easter Moments from the Bible
- The Woman’s Smelly Gift (Matt 26:6-13)
- Washing Feet (John 13:1-9)
- Judas the Betrayer (Matt 26:14-16)
- Communion (Matt 26:26-30)
- Peter and the Rooster (Matt 26:33-34, 69-75)
- Sleepy Prayers (Matt 26:36-46)
- One Ear (Luke 22:47-51)
- Pontius Pirate (Luke 23:13-25)
- The Saddest Day (John 19:28-37)
- Race from the Tomb (Matt 28:1-8)
I think the time I did this with my kids my oldest wasn’t even in school yet. He’s in 3rd grade now so I think it’s time for me to dust this off and do it again. This time, I think I’ll read some of these at night, maybe with a flashlight in the dark, since some of these moments happen in the darkness of night.
May we as parents find ways to reach our kids’ hearts with the message of Easter. God gave. Jesus suffered and died. But as my 3 year old Lucy says, “God’s not dead anymore!”
Have fun sharing these 10 Easter moments with your kids!