I am thrilled, honored, floored, and humbled to announce that I will be writing my next book with Dr. Gary Chapman. Dr. Chapman is the author of the bestselling The 5 Love Languages series (more than 8 million copies sold – yes, you read that right!). We will be co-authoring a parenting book aimed to help parents raise relationally successful kids in a screen driven world.
You will be interested in the book if you’ve ever wondered…
- How much screen time is too much, too soon
- How to wrangle your iPad away from your kid
- How to get your child to make eye contact with adults and other kids
- What do to with your child’s outbursts of anger or angry silence
- If you’re allowing too many electronic “babysitters” in your home
- How to balance technology use and personal interaction
- How to get your child to focus more at school and at home
We are living in a media saturated world. Your child has instant access to information that other generations of children did not have. This can be positive or negative, depending on how you use technology in your home.
As many of you know, Dr. Chapman brings his vast experience working with couples and families for over 35 years. His warmth and wisdom will help your family build strong relationships in this screen driven age.
What concerns and questions do you have about parenting against the backdrop of video games, television, movies, apps, iPods, iPads, and more?
I’d love to hear your questions. Together we can find answers that work for your family. In the next few weeks, I need your input.
What scenarios are common problems in your home?
What techniques have you found to be successful?
When do you feel like you’re at your wits end?
Feel free to leave a comment now and I’ll be asking more questions each week here and on Facebook.