Download the podcast on iTunes or listen here:
Do you ever wonder if your child is addicted to video games or will be in the future?
Video gaming is so common for kids (especially boys) that we can miss the warning signs. If we are not careful, kids can miss essential life skills because they are gaming instead. Melanie Hempe RN returns to share Part 2 of our conversation about her journey with video gaming and her oldest child Adam. You’ll learn one question that quickly assesses if your child’s video gaming is under control or out of control. You’ll also find out:
- How to reduce stress and anxiety in your child
- The cure to screen addiction
- The pivotal role parents have regarding video game time
- How to be a coach, not a friend to your child
- What is the difference developmentally between a 5th grader and a 9th grader
- How to replace screen time with something healthier
Melanie Hempe shares as an expert but also as a fellow mom and trusted voice. She’s a highly sought after speaker and the executive director of Families Managing Media. Her books include Will Your Gamer Survive College? and Screen Strong Solution: How to free your child from addictive screen habits. Melanie is a mother of 4 and a retired nurse. She works full-time educating parents about the dangers of excessive screen time and gaming.
Listen to Part 1 of our conversation about video games here.